When it comes to taking care of your new laminate flooring, it's important to understand your product. Some laminate styles include waterproof finishes, but many do not. Know your floors & create a maintenance routine that complies with your manufacturer's guidelines.
THE BROADWAY CARPETS, INC. TEAM RECOMMENDS THE FOLLOWING CARE & MAINTENANCE ROUTINE FOR YOUR NEW LAMINATE FLOORS:
- Daily care & maintenance of your laminate flooring should include sweeping, dry mopping, or vacuuming with a hard surface flooring attachment.
- Most common household messes like spills and soil should wipe or sweep away easily with a clean, damp cloth.
- Blot and dry any liquid spills as quickly as possible to avoid warping.
- Never wet mop your floors with soap, water, or other liquids, as these can cause swelling, warping, or other damage to your laminate.
- Never use steel wool, ammonia, chlorinated cleaners, or other abrasives.
- Never buff or polish your laminate floors.
- Place doormats at all your home’s entryways to capture any dirt, sand, or grime that could be tracked onto your flooring.
- Protect your floors from dents or marks by placing heavy appliances on protective mats.
- Use dollies to roll furniture across the floor instead of dragging it.
- Add an area rug or two for stylish protection of your laminate flooring that also increases your flooring's longevity.
When it comes to difficult stains and messes, consult with the manufacturer's guidelines for cleaning instructions. Many tough stains have simple solutions, but it can be easy to damage your floors accidentally with the wrong techniques.
When you want to give your laminate flooring a deep clean, use a hard surface cleaner approved by your floor’s manufacturer.