WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE YOUR LAMINATE FLOORING INSTALLATION
- We’ll determine whether your existing flooring needs to be removed. Our installers are fully equipped to do so if necessary, though you should vacuum your old carpet if you have one to minimize the amount of dust that gets kicked up during removal.
- We’ll also determine how your furniture will be handled. We can move most items, but if you prefer to handle your own property you may do so in advance. If you have fragile items inside of your furniture (a china cabinet, for example) be sure to empty them before your installers arrive.
- Don’t leave any fragile items, drapery, plants, wall hangings, etc. in the room.
- We’ll measure all door clearances to ensure that if your new laminate is thicker than your existing flooring, that your doors will not drag. If necessary, we may need to saw or sand your doors down.
- If you plan to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in your room, do so before the laminate is installed to avoid dripping on your new surface.
- We’ll conduct moisture testing in your subfloor to prevent later problems with buckling or cupping.
Laminate flooring is designed for a "floating floor" installation method that doesn't require glue, nails, or staples. Instead, laminate boards have a unique tongue-and-groove profile that connects by simply locking edges into place for a firmly fastened surface. Once complete, the entire floor "floats" above the subfloor, expanding and contracting with the temperature and humidity changes in your home.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING & AFTER YOUR LAMINATE FLOORING INSTALLATION
Our installers will place your planks or tiles, cutting when necessary to fit your space. After installation, if you are sensitive to dust and odors, establish good ventilation for 48 to 72 hours by opening windows or running fans & air conditioning. This will ensure that dust from the installation settles properly.
If you have questions about maintenance for your laminate, we would be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to contact us at either of our Broadway Carpets Inc. showrooms in Knoxville, TN.