WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE YOUR TILE FLOORING INSTALLATION
- We’ll determine whether your existing flooring needs to be removed. Our installers are fully equipped to do so if necessary, though you should vacuum your old carpet if you have one to minimize the amount of dust that gets kicked up during removal.
- We’ll also determine how your furniture will be handled. We can move most items, but if you prefer to handle your own property you may do so in advance. If you have fragile items inside of your furniture (a china cabinet, for example) be sure to empty them before your installers arrive.
- Don’t leave any fragile items, drapery, plants, wall hangings, etc. in the room.
- We’ll measure all door clearances to ensure that if your new tile is thicker than your existing flooring, that your doors will not drag. If necessary, we may need to saw or sand your doors down.
- If you plan to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in your room, do so before the tile is installed to avoid dripping on your new surface.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING & AFTER YOUR TILE FLOORING INSTALLATION
First, our installers will set up your desired layout. Then we’ll spread mortar in small areas & begin placing tiles with pacers in between to ensure even spacing. The unique configuration of certain rooms can require precise & challenging measurement, cuts & placement – another reason that proper installation by a professional is the best choice if you’re after high-quality results that won’t be damaged later on. After the mortar sets, grout is applied—sometimes the next day depending on the size of the installation.
We’ll then carefully clean the tiles, ridding them of all grout. After the installation is complete, it’s necessary to stay off the floor for 24 – 48 hours, depending on the room’s expected foot traffic.
If you have questions about maintenance for your new tile, we would be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to contact us at either of our Broadway Carpets Inc. showrooms in Knoxville, TN.