Please reference your tile floor warranty for specific care requirements to use in conjunction with these basic tips and facts from our experts.
- As needed, sweep your floor to remove dirt and grit. You should do this at least once per week, if not more often.
- Wipe spills promptly using a clean, dry cloth.
- Damp-mop once a week (or more often for heavy traffic areas) using a special cleaner we can recommend—just ask your sales associate for guidance.
- Make sure the cleanser you use is a neutral pH compatible with grout cleaning.
- Never use detergent or soap, which can dull the surface of your tile or promote mildew growth.
- Cleaners should never contain acids, vinegar, chlorines, or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage and discolor both the grout and the stone or tile.
- Use protective mats in entryways and pads under furniture legs.
- Make sure you wait the proper time for grout to cure before you apply a sealer.