WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE YOUR LUXURY VINYL FLOORING INSTALLATION
- We’ll determine whether your existing flooring needs to be removed. Our installers are fully equipped to do so if necessary, though you should vacuum your old carpet if you have one to minimize the amount of dust that gets kicked up during removal.
- We’ll also determine how your furniture will be handled. We can move most items, but if you prefer to handle your own property you may do so in advance. If you have fragile items inside of your furniture (a china cabinet, for example) be sure to empty them before your installers arrive.
- Don’t leave any fragile items, drapery, plants, wall hangings, etc. in the room.
- We’ll measure all door clearances to ensure that if your new vinyl is thicker than your existing flooring, that your doors will not drag. If necessary, we may need to saw or sand your doors down.
- If you plan to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in your room, do so before vinyl is installed to avoid dripping on your new surface.
- We’ll conduct moisture testing in your subfloor to prevent later problems with buckling or cupping.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING & AFTER YOUR LUXURY VINYL FLOORING INSTALLATION
Our installers will place your tiles or planks, cutting when necessary to fit your space. The unique configuration of certain rooms can require precise & challenging measurement, cuts & placement – another reason that proper installation by a professional is the best choice if you’re after high-quality results that won’t be damaged later on.
After installation, if you are sensitive to dust and odors, establish good ventilation for 48 to 72 hours by opening windows or running fans & air conditioning. This will ensure that dust from the installation settles properly. If you have questions about maintenance for your luxury vinyl, we would be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to contact us at either of our Broadway Carpets Inc. showrooms in Knoxville, TN.